Thursday, October 29, 2009

Why I'm Illuminated

I mentioned before that The Church of the Illuminated stories are my favorites of the stories that I have written.

I've been writing spanking stories almost since I can remember. I have a few stuffed away that were written when I was as young as 7 or 8 years old. I've experimented with a lot of different styles, and of course my knowledge and tastes have changed over the years. The main theme remains the same.

Anyway The Illuminated came from an old fantasy that started in my mind long ago. I grew up not too far from what could only be described as a religious compound. I didn't know any of these people, and I was fascinated. The women wore long skirts, and the children didn't go to public school.

I began making stories up about them in my mind and then writing them down. Slowly these people morphed into my Illuminated.

Of course I realize that the real group that started it all is surely nothing like the group in my mind, but I rather like my version of a fun-loving, sex-crazed, wife-spanking religious cult. I hope you like it, too!

Thrice Illuminated is available now at Lulu in print or as a download. The first chapter is in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment